With an abundance of scenic walking trails through peaceful rural countryside and a beautiful coastline that’s filled with dog-friendly beaches, Norfolk makes the perfect destination for a memorable getaway with your favourite four-legged friends.
With this in mind, we have compiled ten of the best dog-friendly Norfolk cottages to rest weary heads after fun-filled days exploring the Norfolk coast and countryside. You’ll find cosy wood burners to keep paws toasty and warm, enclosed gardens to keep dogs nice and safe, and lots of things to see and do. For even more inspiration, read our dog-friendly guide to Norfolk and start planning your next cottage holiday.
This romantic dog-friendly retreat is nestled in the North Norfolk countryside, around 5 miles south of Fakenham. The bright open-plan accommodation has wooden flooring that’s just right for muddy paws and a secluded garden at the rear of the property is perfect for al fresco dining and summer drinks.
- A peaceful location in the Norfolk countryside is ideal for getting away from it all
- Single-level accommodation with a wet room and optional wheelchair ramp make this property suitable for increased accessibility needs
- An enclosed courtyard garden is perfect for pooches and there’s a separate, private (though not fully enclosed) garden at the back of Norfolk Dumpling
Why we love it: You can enjoy an idyllic getaway to the tranquil Norfolk countryside with a dog-friendly pub just 2 miles away and the Norfolk coast within easy driving distance.
What our guests say: “A lovely cottage in a perfect location for exploring North Norfolk. We were made to feel very welcome and our two Bassett Hounds thought it was great. A very peaceful rural location but not too far away from anywhere.” David
This traditional riverside cottage has lots of characterful original features including wooden beams, pamment floor tiles and a brick fireplace with a cosy wood burner. A mature garden to the rear of the property has a fully enclosed garden with a choice of seating areas.
- A gorgeous setting in the pretty village of Creake includes the River Bure running along the back of your enclosed garden with a dog-friendly pub just a 2-minute stroll away.
- Popular Burnham Market, with a selection of independent shops and galleries to browse, is close to Alice Cottage.
- The dog-friendly grounds of Holkham Hall and a range of sandy beaches are also just a short drive away.
Why we love it: The beautifully decorated cottage is a real home from home with cushions, rugs and throws that add warmth and cosiness.
What our guests say: “This lovely cottage is in an idyllic setting and benefits from private parking. You feel at home the minute you walk in. There was a welcome pack of goodies and wine upon arrival, including treats for our dog.” Donald
Located within the Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, The Roost is just a mile away from the beach in the peaceful village of Titchwell. With both a double and a twin bedroom, the property works well for a family seaside holiday and the contemporary open-plan living space is warmed by a wood burner.
- Spend time strolling along a selection of dog-friendly beaches or take a scenic walk along the Norfolk Coast Path National Trail.
- There are two dog-friendly bars and restaurants close to the cottage where you can enjoy drinks, all-day food and afternoon tea.
- Enjoy wonderful views over the Norfolk marshes to the glistening sea beyond from this classic two-bedroom holiday cottage.
Why we love it: A large, enclosed garden is perfect for children and dogs and the popular Norfolk resort of Hunstanton is just 6 miles away.
What our guests say: “This clean, comfortable cottage is perfectly situated for exploring the North Norfolk Coast. With views over Titchwell RSPB reserve and fields behind, it’s the perfect place for nature lovers.” Amanda
This newly renovated holiday home is located within the large grounds of a grand Georgian estate near Wroxham. Relax together in the stylish room then explore almost 1,000 acres of private grounds that are filled with woodland walks and wildflower meadows.
- The woodland estate is surrounded by peaceful, nature-rich North Norfolk countryside with an assortment of scenic walks from your doorstep.
- An enclosed dog-friendly garden includes garden furniture for al fresco dining during the warmer summer months.
- The second bedroom features a king-size, zip-and-link bed which can also be made up as twins for maximum flexibility.
Why we love it: Wroxham and the Norfolk Broads are just a few miles away. Take a dog-friendly boat ride along the water or hop aboard the Bure Valley Railway with your four-legged friend in tow.
What our guests say: “Absolutely stunning place to stay. So glad I chose it. Quiet, secluded, peaceful. Great base to travel from for either driving to or just out for walks in the countryside. Highly recommended and I would stay again.” Paul
With a handsome stone exterior and chic and stylish interiors, this dog-friendly holiday cottage is the perfect rural retreat. Inside the property, you’ll find flagstone floors, a spacious country kitchen and a comfy living room that’s warmed by a wood burner. Head outside and there are large enclosed gardens that are just right for playful four-legged friends.
- Throw open French doors and head straight into the lawned garden from the cottage’s lovely dining area.
- An outdoor terrace is a real sun trap during the summer months with a separate stone summer house to provide additional sheltered seating.
- There’s a dog-friendly pub within 1 mile of this property where you can call in for refreshments after enjoying a walk on the nearby Peddars Way National Trail.
Why we love it: Gardeners Cottage has an idyllic setting in the peaceful village of Ingoldisthorpe, just 3 miles from Snettisham beach and 4 miles from the royal Sandringham Estate.
What our guests say: “Gardeners Cottage is a beautiful, well-equipped cottage in a quiet and secluded location. It was a perfect choice for a post-Christmas break. It is very well situated for long country walks and our dog was very taken by the nearby sandy beaches!” Suzanne
Curlew Cottage | Sleeps 6 guests plus 2 dogs
Spend time exploring the Norfolk coast from this dog-friendly, three-bedroom holiday cottage in Wells-next-the-Sea. The open-plan living space at this charming coastal cottage is just right for families and a wonderful sun terrace makes the most of this property’s prime location by the sea.
- Four-legged friends will love playing on the sand at Wells-next-the-Sea and there’s even a dog-friendly cafe where you can call in for refreshments.
- Enjoy panoramic views across open fields and out to sea as you relax in Curlew Cottage’s comfortable living area.
- Blakeney is just a short drive away where you can enjoy a dog-friendly trip out to sea with Bean’s Boats and watch Norfolk’s famous seal colony in their natural environment.
Why we love it: The cottage is just a short walk from both Wells-next-the-Sea town centre and the historic quayside where you’ll find an assortment of dog-friendly pubs and can watch the traditional fishing boats come in.
What our guests say: “This is our sixth visit to Curlew Cottage. The owners are very welcoming and maintain the property to a high standard. It is in a perfect location close to the quay yet with a quiet garden. It is now home from home for my family.” Annmarie
Cobble Barn | Sleeps 6 guests plus 2 dogs
This beautiful, dog-friendly barn conversion is located in a peaceful Norfolk Broads village and comes with a large fully enclosed garden that’s ideal for letting children and canine companions run around and let off steam. The waterways of the Broads are close by with a couple of village pubs also within walking distance.
- Pitched ceilings and chunky wooden beams give this family-friendly property lots of character and charm.
- A games room with an Xbox, TV and bean bags is ideal for giving older children their own space.
- Everyone (including dogs) can stay cosy and warm in the luxurious living room which is warmed by a roaring wood burner.
Why we love it: This three-bedroom holiday home comes with plenty of space and is located just 5 miles away from Winterton-on-Sea, a lovely fishing village with a dog-friendly sandy beach and a great dining pub where four-legged friends are welcome to join you for refreshments.
What our guests say: “Lovely barn conversion. Had a well-equipped kitchen and plenty of pretty rooms. Large enclosed garden in a lovely village setting. Would highly recommend it.” Gail
Rossmore | Sleeps 8 guests plus 5 dogs
This four-bedroom holiday is a good choice for multi-generational holidays as all the accommodation is one level with a sociable open-plan living space, a well-stocked kitchen and a gorgeous mature garden with decking and seating areas that wrap around the property.
- The spacious lounge at Rossmore has enough comfortable seating for everyone to gather for a cosy night in front of the fire.
- Enjoy a variety of walks across open fields, beaches, nature reserves and sand dunes then call in the dog-friendly pub that’s just 500 metres away from this lovely property.
- The popular resort of Hunstanton is just 3 miles away with lots to see and do including the Esplanade Gardens, crazy golf and a variety of amusement arcades.
Why we love it: You can take a whole pack of canine companions on holiday with you to Rossmore. This spacious property accepts up to five dogs making it ideal for multi-generational holidays or gathering with friends.
What our guests say: “Such a lovely pleasant place to stay especially if you want peace and quiet. Situated beautifully to explore the Norfolk beaches and coastal walks. Hope we can go back again. Loved it.” Lucille
This large country house is surrounded by a whopping 2 acres of private grounds so dogs can have lots of fun sniffing out an adventure or two in the great outdoors. A huge kitchen is perfect for whipping up a family meal - it’s up to you whether you enjoy a casual meal at the breakfast bar or sit down for supper in the rather grand formal dining room.
- A choice of two inviting lounge areas, both warmed by wood burners, means everyone can have their own space - there’s even a library in the cottage if you fancy catching up on your reading.
- The property exudes Georgian elegance with a sweeping driveway through the large grounds and lots of original features.
- An enclosed walled garden is fully secure for even the smallest doggies so you can let them out on their own with full peace of mind.
Why we love it: The property is just 9 miles from historic King’s Lynn where you’ll find a selection of lovely dog-friendly pubs amongst the independent shops and galleries. Closer to home, you’ll find riverside walks and the pretty village of Stowbridge.
What our guests say: “Best secured rear garden for dogs we have seen. Beautiful property with character. Good size rooms. Did not want to leave.” Nicola
Pantile Barn | Sleeps 10 guests plus 2 dogs
If you’re looking for a large dog-friendly barn conversion that has 5-star interiors with lots of additional features, Pantile Barn could be just the property for you. Vaulted ceilings, chunky wooden beams and a feature fireplace with wood burner add lots of character to the impressive interiors. Outside, the enclosed garden is surrounded by tranquil countryside.
- A games room with a snooker table is perfect for keeping the whole family happy on a multi-generational holiday.
- The brilliant outside space at Pantile Barn includes a summer house, private hot tub and a patio with BBQ.
- Dogs can warm their paws by the AGA in the spacious farmhouse kitchen which is the sociable hub of this five-bedroom and five-bathroom holiday home.
Why we love it: This is the perfect retreat for families and groups of friends to spend quality time together. There are miles of country dog walks to enjoy in the surrounding countryside with Holt Country Park also just 6 miles away.
What our guests say: “Fabulous barn, very spacious & comfortable, everything you need is there. The kids loved the games room and having a TV in all the bedrooms. Hot tub was used every night, a great place to holiday.” Sandy
Plan your dog-friendly getaway to Norfolk
This is just a very small selection of the dog-friendly Norfolk holiday homes available to book through Kett Country Cottages. Whether you’re looking for a romantic retreat, a family-friendly holiday home or a large property where you can gather the generations, you’ll find an array of dog-friendly cottages to choose from.
Browse our full collection to find the perfect base for your next Norfolk getaway.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.