Holkham Holiday Cottages
Holkham can be found along the coast road between Wells-next-the-Sea and Burnham Overy Staithe and is very much dominated by the magnificent stately home there, Holkham Hall. This is one of the principal Palladian houses of England and it sits in an attractive park with a herd of fallow deer (much like Houghton Hall near King’s Lynn). The estate also has numerous monuments, a lake and its own church; both the hall and the park are open to the public. Kett have a number of Holkham holiday cottages suitable as a base to explore the surrounding area.
As well as the grand house, our Holkham holiday cottages allow you to explore its famous beach, most notably featured in last scene of the film ‘Shakespeare in Love’ where Gwyneth Paltrow is seen walking along the sand on her own towards the pine trees. Opposite The Victoria Hotel (named for Queen Victoria) is Lady Anne’s drive which crosses the salt marshes, to reach the beach which is fringed by pine woods and sand dunes. You could quite easily spend an entire day of your holiday here. The marshes are known for their population of pink-footed geese and the area has been designated as a National Nature Reserve.
- Holkham Beach
- Approached through pine woods and on through sand dunes Huge expanse of soft sand and a gentle sea Vast and uncluttered - reputedly one of the best beaches in the country A bit of a hike from the ample parking but well worth it
- Pricing: From £ 6.50 for all day parking. £2.00 for 1 hour
- Web: http://www.holkham.co.uk/html/beach_info.html
- Holkham Hall
- Holkham, NR23 1AB
- Palladian house designed by Wlliam Kent for the1st Earl of Leicester Park, Nature Reserve, Beach and Lake Attractions and Galleries
- Pricing: From £ 25.00 fpr family ticket
- Call: 01328 710227
- Web: www.holkham.co.uk
- August 2014
- We have never yet failed to enjoy our holiday with Kett County Cottages. You always try hard to please and we shall continue to plan our holiday with you again.
- MN Nottingham
- July 2015
- Loved Holkham adventure play ground, sublime music at South Creake church for norfolk music festival. Holt always lovely to visit too . Thank you for our lovely Norfolk holiday, very much enjoyed.
- EG, Hertfordshire
- June 2015
- The recently opened bird centre/ cafe at Cley is a must . Also the Sustrans route to Holkham Hall. Definitely take a bike ride to the beach at sunset !! Absolutely brill. Got some fab scenic photos !!!
- EN, Halifax
- June 2015
- Our favourite beach is Holkham and we re-visited The White Horse pub in Holme-next-the-Sea, (it is signposted). Our black labrador was welcome in the bar area and we can recommend the crab sandwiches - wonderful.
- BB, Essex